Friday, October 1, 2010

So I suppose this may as well be my first post; it's been a long time since I last posted and so much has happened.
The purpose of this blog is to document my progress that will be occurring over the next however long it takes.
I've grown in so many ways this year; but still it comes down to the fact the monster ED rules my life.
I have one week. One week in which to figure out what I want. I had ward round today at the Day Program I attend and basically they laid down the law: I need to want recovery and being taking active steps towards it. So often I feel that I am, yet then I do something to sabotage it.

I've started with a new dietitian, who I think will help a lot. She's given me a very specific mealplan which I've been finding more helpful than the vague "you know how to eat, you've had so many inpatient stays now". I may have had many inpatient stays but I don't know how to eat in real life.
I don't know how to exercise in moderation. That is a long story in itself. Maybe I will go into it one day?
But right now I feel stuck and according to my psychologist I am also in denial.

But the positives are that I completed last semester of uni with fairly good results (ok pretty good results but the perfectionist in me says I should be doing better) and this semester I'm on track to do the same, although I did go part time because full time day program and uni made me a little crazy! I only have one month left and then uni will be over for the year apart from my two exams! I'm working for my Dad in November, making as much I would working at my old work over the whole summer :) I'm also going back to my old psychologist in my home town over the summer which I am very excited about; she is amazing and saved my life back when I was so sick.

Anyway enough of that; I hope someone reads this, I've read so many helpful blogs and would love to use this blog as a helpful outlet for everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment